Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

what kind of glue should i use to bond 2 pieces of plexiglass together that will hold water

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-11-05T07:16:38+0000  by tatshack tatshack

Hello tatshack!


In the glue bay in the Paint Department, you will notice Aquarium Safe silicone adhesive sealant.

Aquarium Safe Sealant.jpg

This product is commonly used on your project.


However, you will most commonly find a stainless steel edge supporting both pieces of glass at the joint.


Depending upon how you intend to bond these surfaces (parallel with a small gap between) this product may still help with your project.


If you do not intend to bond at a 90-degree angle, you will have to add support at the joint.


If you reply with a bit more detail, we should be able to recommend a product that will meet your needs.



If your project includes water for consumption or water to support aquatic animals or fish, be very cautious about the product you choose.


There are only a few that are safe for these applications.

Posted 2013-11-05T14:24:48+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question