Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

what should I charge to build a fence 50 feet by5 feet

What should i charge to build a fence 50 feet by 5 feet

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-01T03:53:17+0000  by wcpii wcpii

Hello wcpii and welcome to the community!

Only you can determine what your time is worth to you. First determine how long the project will take to build and then determine what your hourly pay.

For example, if you expect to complete the project in 8 hours time at a labor cost of $25 per hour, the labor would $200. Then you add the cost of the material for the project, your time picking the material, and so on. If you have someone helping you, do they expect a certain dollar amount?

You can also call local fence companies and ask them what they would charge to get an idea and average it out, a lot of this depends on how many people will be building the fence. 

Posted 2013-08-01T17:08:58+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Thank you for that tip. The customer will buy all the material i am just responsible for either building it from scratch or installing pre-fab sections. how much should i charge for either treatment.

Posted 2013-08-01T21:54:58+0000  by wcpii

Hi wcpii and welcome back!

Either way you build it, YOU must decide what your time is worth--it's the same situation as before, if it will take you longer to build, then you will charge more to do it that way. If your time per hour is worth $25 or $35 per hour or more,  then multiply your per hour fee times how many hours you think it will take. It really depends how bad you want to do the job!

Posted 2013-08-02T13:03:59+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+