Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

what to use to make my grass greener what product or fertilizer

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-06-15T23:26:41+0000  by victor22 victor22

Hey victor22.

It is the first number (Nitrogen) in fertilizer that greens up a lawn. Different types of lawns take Nitrogen at different times. Soil type is also a factor with fertilizers.

Warm season grasses like Bermuda or Zoysia grasses prefer a high nitrogen fertilizer in the spring and summer. Cool season grasses like Kentucky Bluegrass or Fescue prefer high nitrogen in the late winter and fall.

Warm season grasses go dormant (hibernate) in the winter where as cool season grasses are more common up north due to their intolerance to extreme warm temperatures.

Here in Atlanta, it is recommended at this point in the season (June 16th), that you only water your cool season grasses like Fescue. Because temperatures are getting in the mid 80's, stimulating growth on cool season grasses will only put more of a burden on the grass.

I have a couple questions for you.

Where do you live?

What type of grass do you have?

There are other nutrients, when deficient in the soil, can green up a lawn when added, like Iron.

Posted 2013-06-16T13:19:57+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

living in savannah ga  grass is centipede

Posted 2013-06-18T21:59:00+0000  by victor22

I’m Jen, from The Home Depot. 

If you have not applied any fertilizer in the past 8-12 weeks then you may apply Scotts Green Max for Southern lawns. 

Scotts Green Max.jpg 

Posted 2013-06-19T13:17:07+0000  by Jen_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+