Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

who makes this fan? no labels anywhere

can anybody help me find who makes this fan? the motor is so off balance and shakes horribly but its such a nice fan i want to keep it... plz help
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-09-30T20:20:05+0000  by nikecheckin nikecheckin

Hello nikecheckin.  Welcome to the Community!

Since the manufacturer apparently did not apply any labels to the top side of the motor housing, I assume that if you remove the glass globe that you will find info inside.  It looks like those 4 curved bars might turn a little to release either just the globe, or maybe the whole light kit.  I can't tell for sure.  Normally in a fan like this you simply, and gently twist the glass globe a little and it comes off.  But with those retaining bars curving into the way I don't see how that would work. 

Maybe someone who sees this post and has that fan can give you more information.  Without a manufacturer, UPC or model number, finding an image with ID on the net will be difficult.

Chris.

Posted 2016-09-30T20:30:24+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
thats what i am hoping also... inside the globe and inside the housing there is nothing either... i am hoping someone can lead me to it... thanks chris

Posted 2016-09-30T20:38:10+0000  by nikecheckin
Well, I was hoping for buried treasure.

There is one other thing you might be able to do.  Fan blade balance kits are available on-line, as well as at your local Home Depot store.  They are very inexpensive.  You can read about them here:

Westinghouse Balancing Kit

Chris.

Posted 2016-09-30T20:48:57+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+