Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

wiring diagram for hampton bay fan switch

The nut that holds the  fan switch and chain on my ceiling fan undid itself, which caused the switch to stop working. After I removed the lighting assembly from the fan, I saw that the switch had disintegrated, and the wires had come out, except for the white one which was in the 'L' slot. I can buy a new switch, but how do the wires go back? I can't find a model or serial number on it anywhere. I thought if I posted a picture of where the black, yellow and blue wires were coming from, someone would be able to tell me which wire goes where.

The blue and yellow ones come from a black cube on the bottom, perhaps the unit that communicates with the remote?, and the black one comes out of the multi plug that connects to the main part of the unit. 

If the blue and yellow ones control the remote function, I could live without that,  just plug the black one into the correct slot on the switch, and control the fan by pulling the chain.

The photo is looking down into the housing that holds the light fixtures and switches.

6243.jpg

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-03-14T23:11:28+0000  by mtpalms mtpalms

Hello mtpalms and thank you for joining The Community!  We are glad that you are here. 

We have a Hampton Bay Team can help you with your ceiling fan situation.  For best assistance, they will need the 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters) found on the sticker on top of the motor housing to identify the model of your fan.

I have also notified our Social Media Team; they are available via email at TeamSocial@homedepot.com.

Best wishes on your project.

Posted 2013-03-15T12:45:57+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Thanks Eileen, I will do that as soon as I have time to take down main housing, take it apart and check for the UPC code. 

Posted 2013-03-19T17:01:29+0000  by mtpalms

Can't believe I let this go so long. I took the fan down, and there is no 12 digit UPC code on it. There is a Model #: EF 200-36, and another set of numbers, unidentified: 0034086. 

Seems to me the model number ought to suffice?

Posted 2013-06-12T15:34:07+0000  by mtpalms

I just looked again, and found it. I was looking for a bar code, not a string of letters and numbers, as you said there were no letters.

Posted 2013-06-12T15:38:03+0000  by mtpalms
I have the exact same problem and can't find where the answer to this question is posted.

San Marino 36 in. Brushed Steel Ceiling Fan

hampton bay ceiling fan ef200-36
Thanks
Posted 2017-08-30T04:41:56+0000  by jaimeelson
I also have the same problem.  The UPC code is 082392683535.  Please provide a wiring diagram and identify an appropriate replacement switch.

Finding the correct switch is the bigger problem.  I think I can guess the correct wiring.

I recently bought a Westinghouse 3 Speed Fan Switch, model 77285, UPC 030721772863, from Home Depot.  It is not the correct switch.  The original switch (after reconstruction of 6 pieces) connects L to 1&3, 1&2, 1&2&3, 2&3, sequentially.  77285 connects L to 1, 2, 3, none, sequentially.  The difference is possibly that 77285 is "single capacitor".  (I don't see how a single capacitor gives 3 speeds, but maybe it refers to one capacitor at a time.)  The EF200-36 has a dual capacitor (if that's what you call 2 different capacitance capacitors in a single package). The original switch presumably connects 1, the other, or both to get the 3 speeds.

It also needs an "off" position.  Black wire is 120 V.  Yellow and Blue wires are from the capacitor.  White goes to the motor.  I would have guessed 120V (black) would go to L (= line?), but the original post said white was connected to L.  That woul give "off" with the motor (white) at L, the capacitor (blue and yellow) at 2&3, and 120V (black) at 1 where it would be disconnected from the motor (white) at the last switch position I listed above.
Posted 2018-07-29T17:42:07+0000  by LarryR

Is this an active site?  I posted 2 months ago and got no response.  The response by  Eileen_HD_ATL to the original post was a request for the UPC code.  I gave it.  Here it is again: 082392683535.  Is the " Hampton Bay Team" going to help on this?

Posted 2018-09-23T21:04:17+0000  by LarryR

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+